Entitled 5 Dumb Things That Can Void Your Car Warranty this blog highlights some very relevant ownership issues that would indeed potentially impact your car warranty be it an aftermarket warranty, like ours, or the original manufacturers cover.
The key pieces of advice are:
- Fluids - Use the proper recommended fluids as specified by the car manufacturer
- Receipts - keep all receipts relating to servicing, parts and repairs
- Tyres and Wheels - keep to the recommended tyres/ wheel sizes for your vehicle and do not modify the suspension
- Performance and modifications - do not "chip" or modify your car
- Towing - don't tow more than the vehicle is designed to manage
The article is littered with reference to American legislation but is full of great advice and comment around warranties in general including consequential and non consequential damage.
The full article is available here and is worth a read as it is sound advice on car warranties for the New Year Ahead