Saturday 6 February 2010

BT Tradespace - Possibly all is forgiven

My Bt Tradespace account was one of the first online tools I embraced when I launched CarCare Direct

I Loved it. I met lots of great people, nearly all of whom I am still in regular contact with, discovered Twitter via it and got lots of excellent advice and referrals. Yes it was a bit slow at times, and yes the "whoops" message got a bit tedious when the page you'd spent ages on wouldn't load BUT...it worked, especially for Google rankings and searches, and when I say it worked I mean page one for key words within 3 months.

How excited was I then about the refresh? Answer: Very!

Sadly the November launch slipped and then lots didn't work. Many people were getting very cross, and I don't blame them as I was super frustrated. Here was my Google ranking machine BROKEN!

Over the next few weeks I returned occasionally to find my questions still unanswered, buried under a tonne of other complaints and postings from some unhappy people. But how much can you complain when it's FREE? I decided "not much" and so virtually walked away.

However yesterday for, no good reason I decided to see if anything had changed. The look was the same (and as a self confessed Luddite I don't like it as much to look at as the old one) but it seemed to respond quicker. My frustrations over the way my content had been transferred was suddenly fairly easy to fix. Loading images was painless, I'd go as far to say as quite quick and suddenly, suddenly my site looked OK.

I still have more to do, but more I shall for the new BT Tradespace is vastly improved over the excellent original and the issues, on today's evidence at least, appear to be fixed

This is my CarCare-Direct.bttradespace account. I'd love to know what you think of it and to hear your experiences too.

If you did have a BT Tradespace I'd suggest giving it another go and if you didn't, well it seems you may have nothing to lose :)

No comments:

Post a Comment